Coldsnap is a Halo: Custom Edition map with many vehicles, features, and weapons. It was released on Halomaps.org on April 15, 2006, by Tiamat.
Coldsnap is a very large snowy plateau surrounded by mountains. The terrain itself is somewhat uneven, and the lowest part of the plateau features a bridge that spans a very large crevice. The map features the ability to change from daytime to nighttime through the pause menu; however, this does not effect the other players' settings. The map has two bases and is covered in snow.
ColdSnap was built for dog-fights and ground battle. To this end, it features many types of warthogs, and plenty of aircraft. A different feature to this map was Mechs, a secondary biped vehicle that wields an automatic weapon. This map is mostly used for Capture the Flag, due to its unique Flag locations, and many vehicles.
The Warthogs, instead of having their usual olive drab paint, are painted white and go much faster than normal; this is to help traverse the massive landscape in a more timely manner.
- Warthog [Machine Gun]
- Warthog [Missile]
- Warthog [Gauss]
- Warthog [Wheeled Snowhog]
- Ghost [Fuel Rod]
- ME-119 HP Sniper Rifle
- Rocket Launcher
- Assault Rifle
- C-4 Timed Explosive
- Grenades [Frag\Plasma]
- HINT: Look near the Red Team flag on game variants with Assault Rifles.
Special Map FeaturesEdit
- Pelican Pick-up
- Longsword Nuclear Bomb
- White Warthogs
Glitches, Bugs, and Easter EggsEdit
- It is possible to use a Jet to fly into certain areas of the mountains, and subsequently into one of the Bases.
- The Mechs, being vehicles with feet, often can glitch into walls.
- Occaisonally on dedicated servers, players will not be able to spawn, requiring the map to be restarted.
- The Pelican can only pick up vehicles if they are perfectly positioned in the pick-up position. This is because the Pelican has to be in the trigger volume in order to activate the script to attach the vehicle to the Pelican.
- Tiamat Posters
- Other Posters
- Scarab(Still unfound!)(Confirmed by Tiamat to exist)